Sep 21, 2007

Hare Rama Hare Krishnaa

In the mornings, it is very common for us to hear the loud songs of Hare Krishna movement as there is a extremely pious gentle man who has a shop right in front of our flat...the shop is basically sells vehicle number plates & he also has a zerox machine....The shop is never crowded nor is dull...quite contended and modest very much like the owner of the same..

He is a brahmin and he wears a very traditional dress - aged around 45 years and is an extremely silent man....The only violent thing about him is the big sound of the tapes / cds of the devotional songs that he plays daily .... most part of the day especially in the morning....When I walk down towards the Railway station, I used to have a glimpse of this gentleman who keeps fanning a big peacock feathered hand fan on the Lord Krishna's idol centrally placed in his shop...Some times, I have observed him sitting with closed eyes with Japa Malaa in his hands when there is no customers to his shop.....

I have visited his shop quite often for zeroxing, he always meekly does the job himself (has no helper) and utters literally no word to me....and is all humility when he takes the money from me....Looks like he is a deep Bhaktha who has tasted the silence in utmost depth and intensity and does not want to get disturbed by any one or any thing around....

I have great regards for this gentle man and a lump wells up in my throat to see the stage he has attained.....and while typing this, I resolve to myself that I will never do any thing to disturb him or his silence.... What else he expects from me OR from the world around him.....??

2 comments:

Gowri said...

I am going to try "Silence". Both external and internal... dont know whether I would be able to achieve it, especially the inner silence. Will let you know. -Gowri

Gowri said...

Gowri

I am happy to see your comment...I assume that you are touched with the silence of this gentleman....I just re-read this passage and think I have written it just perfectly...no exagerrations and also not too short.....It will be extremely nice to become silent like this person....I too long for this...but I would like to reserve such "expressions" to the dearest souls....in a regulated manner....Its quite scary to imagine myself without my expressions.....!!