Sep 24, 2007

Sadhguru's satsangh

Hi Gowri

Yesterday I was there at Anna University Grounds along with Madhoo and Anoo...This was the inaugural occassion of the 2.5 crore saplings targetted for this year Green Hands....MK and his daughter Kanimozhi shared the dias along with Sadhguru.....There were other special reasons too....it is customary at Isha to celebrate the Realisation day of the master as IshaFest ...and this time in terms of number, it is a good co-incidence....it is the 10th Isha Fest celebrations at Isha Yoga Centre....Further, exactly 25 years back on same sept 23rd, Sadhguru got the magical samadhi experience at Chamundi Hills....& this is sadhguru's 50th Birth year (not the birthday which he does not want to celebrate) ......To add further, after the starting of Action for Rural Rejunevation, for the past two years, Isha celebrates "village olympics" & prizes for the same were awarded to the village teams by MK yesterday evening.....!!

So it was a special day...for so many reasons....and the most important aspect is not covered in the above...This will be the last of the Isha Fest celebrated as Sadhguru looks like has told "enough is enough".....!! (He has announced that he wants to stay ALL ALONE for 1 or 2 years as he wants to do some experiments with DISEMBODIED BEINGS....and repair his energy body (going over the head, right ??)....A year back, He has also announced that he will live for 27 years more...upto his 77 years....)

It was a huge occassion and unfortunately and quite ironically, except few translation works, I had not taken part in any of the phyical volunteering this time for no good reason....It is really not too tight at office but if I get indulged into volunteering, I knew I have to stretch myself and disturb office too much ....and I started wondering if I have reached the saturation point of my volunteering at Isha....!! I was at home through out the whole day and in the evening left home only by 6 PM to the Anna University Grounds.....Honestly I felt bit ackward to meet my friends there who have been stretching and did not want to embarass myself seeing them in action.....I have not been in touch for more than 3 months with any of them.....

So it was a self imposed resignation...but I dont regret it as I see a necessity on focussing on regular practises and the body which is in such a bad shape with my "inertness"....and as you have given as your comment for my posting "Hare Rama Hare Krishna"...., I too feverishly long to become silent.....!! At office, I have to raise to the level of a Manager quite soon and it is important that I learn to manage myself (my tongue (both ways), body and the mind) before I am elevated to higher position..I have too much of management tools given by by Isha most of which I am not at all using......

Sadhguru talked crisply for around 1 hour, mesmerised with his humour and enchanted the mass gathering with a group meditation.....think the attendance would have been around 1 lac...I am not sure....He is becoming a mass figure full of grace.....from being a strict spiritual leader some time back.....The beauty is that he has not compromised on his fundamentals but still magnanimous to reach out the others....

suchoo

1 comments:

Ananth said...

Nice Sharing guys...
I always felt that i cannot work enough when it comes to Isha volunteering. Even after working like crazy, i feel like i have done nothing. :D